Civil/Structural Engineer, P.Eng
Job Requirements & Expectations:
We are looking for a university graduate with a degree in Civil Engineering. In addition, you will possess a P.Eng designation or are eligible for registration in Alberta. The ideal candidate would also have 4 or more years of civil/structural design engineering experience, preferably in a heavy industrial environment.
Duties will include the following:
• To complete structural designs for equipment, buildings and associated machinery and systems required for various processes.
• To complete the design of the support foundations and associated earth work.
• To develop and maintain civil-structural expertise on runway structures used to support electric overhead traveling cranes.
• Provide day-to-day technical support, troubleshooting and inspection skills to the Operating and Maintenance Departments on civil-structural issues.
• To provide the professional standard and quality of design for civil-structural engineering work.
• Coordinate the civil-structural designs through fabricating facilities and then with contractors, schedule and complete the field installation including field supervision.
• The individual will have a good working knowledge of AutoCad and be willing to learn and apply 3D CAD software(SolidWorks) in completing designs and FEA analysis.
• Promote safe working conditions by performing hazard assessments prior to commencement of fieldwork and ensuring ongoing compliance with planned work.
• Complete other engineering tasks such as project scopes, estimates of cost, bills of materials and project schedules.
• To provide technical support, guidance and supervision for junior engineering staff.
• Maintain an awareness and knowledge of the latest developments and technology in the civil-structural engineering discipline.
You must be a motivated self-starter with strong oral and written communication skills as well as details orientated. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
This is permanent full-time employment in Edmonton and includes health benefits, pension plan, and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: