Our Core Value
We seek to foster the belief amongst all employees and contractors that an injury-free work place can be achieved. Further, with the commitment of all, that an injury-free work place will be achieved. We seek all our employees to rank this belief above all, thereby making it our core value.
Our goal at AltaSteel is ZERO: No incidents and no injuries.
Our Safety Principles
At AltaSteel we apply 6 principles in the management of safety
- All injuries can be prevented.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Employee involvement is essential.
- Management is accountable for safety.
- All operating exposures can be safe guarded.
- Training employees to work safely is essential.
We apply a risk-based approach to safety in which our employees are not only trained, but also encouraged to carry out hazard identification and a pre-task risk assessment before commencing a task.
Health, Safety & Environment Committee
The Joint Health, Safety & Environment Committee is recognized as a key component of the Health & Safety program. The committee comprises representatives from Management and the employee Union.
AltaSteel Occupational Health Safety and Environment Policy
Click here to download and view (.pdf)