Job Requirements & Expectations
AltaSteel is seeking a highly motivated individual with extensive supervisory experience to direct the EAF operations team. This vital leadership role reports directly to the Manager of Steelmaking and will oversee and influence the improvement strategy of the steelmaking facility by leading the EAF operations Team.
This position is responsible for the safe operation, leadership, planning and direction to the EAF Operations team which includes unionized and salary employees. This position will also promote high safety standards in accordance with AltaSteel’s policies, best management practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Direct the Electric Arc Furnace operations teams to achieve operational and safety KPI’s as well as creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage the scrap bay and electric arc furnace operational performance to deliver commercial grade billets as planned to our customers.
- Manage and control raw material production costs.
- Provide safety leadership throughout daily interactions and manage the safety performance and training requirements for operational personnel.
- Identify areas of opportunity and develop and initiate strategic projects to address areas of – reliability, process improvement, safety and quality.
- Ensure performance targets are clearly set and met, a sound manufacturing team environment is established to maintain AltaSteel’s core values; “Customer and Safety”.
- Manage the by-product and slag handling contract.
- Manage Labour Relation and Industrial Relation issues from the EAF operational area in a proactive and consultative manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of relative, progressive, industrial manufacturing experience at the Superintendant level, preferably in Steelmaking.
- Accredited technologist or engineer, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of safe systems of work.
- Able to work effectively and adhere to the highest standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Strong supervisory experience and proven track record in problem solving.
- Strong organizational and communication skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan, income sharing and short term incentive plan.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: