Mechanical Engineer, P. Eng
Job Requirements & Expectations:
AltaSteel is currently hiring a Mechanical Engineer to provide engineering support to the operations, maintenance, and administration departments in the areas of mechanical component design, project management, maintenance support, safety system design (fall arrest, guarding, tool design), crane systems and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate would be an eager outgoing, and hard working person who demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges, and is capable of identifying hazards using zero harm mindset.
- Initiate and oversee projects that have been identified as required by operations as well as provide Mechanical Engineering support to various other projects.
- Supervise and direct employees and contractors as required, to ensure safety and quality requirements are met.
- Ensure designs meet AltaSteel specifications and standards.
- Assist operations and maintenance with troubleshooting.
- Provide technical resources and support to Operations, Maintenance, and Contractors.
- Make decisions of authority to stop production for plant and equipment problems.
- Determine future mechanical systems needs / requirements and prepare low cost solutions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree or Technical Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from an APEGA recognized institution.
- Registered with APEGA as a P.Eng. Or registered with ASSET as a P.Lic.
- Experience managing multiple large projects.
- Ability to manage a number of projects and priorities to a timeline and budget.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial Mechanical Engineering experience.
- Experience working in a heavy industrial environment.
- Demonstrated responsible attitude towards safety.
- Demonstrated Leadership / Problem Solving skills.
- Solid Written & Oral Communication Skills
- Willing to respond to after-hours call ins.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
This is a full time permanent position in Edmonton, Alberta. The position is eligible for overtime, performance bonus, health benefits and pension.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: