Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Job Requirements & Expectations:
|Reporting to the Superintendent of Steelmaking Maintenance, the Steelmaking Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the mechanical maintenance shop in his area. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Millwrights in the safe execution of preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks as well as improvement projects. This person will be responsible for the efficient and effective use of all manpower and other resources under his/her supervision while following AltaSteel’s |
- Manage a crew of millwrights and other maintenance personnel while ensuring compliance to all company and legislated safety codes and practices.
- Accountable for the reliability and timely repair of all mechanical equipment in the Steelmaking area, including, identification of root cause and implementation of corrective action to continuously improve.
- Meeting the daily and long term maintenance needs of the Steelmaking operation including ensuring timely repairs, executing down day plans, identifying corrective action on failures, and driving the continuous improvement process.
- Develop equipment budgets, spending forecasts and compliance to such including management of local and contractor labour.
- Plan and execute maintenance shut downs on time and within budgets.
- Development of area maintenance systems, procedure development, PM development and condition based maintenance.
- Identify areas for improvement, develop and initiate projects to address these.
- Identify safety training requirements and organize.
Qualification and Skills:
- Diploma in Mechanical Technology
- 5-8 years experience supervising maintenance crews.
- Experience with SAP or other CMMS.
- Heavy industrial experience.
- Ability to use MS Project along with MS Office.
- Proactive, preventative maintenance mindset geared towards safe systems of work.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team in a fast paced environment.
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: