Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Reporting to the Superintendent of Steelmaking Maintenance, the Steelmaking Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the mechanical maintenance shop in Steelmaking.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Millwrights in the safe execution of preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance tasks as well as improvement projects. This person will be responsible for the efficient and effective use of all manpower and other resources under his/her supervision while ensuring the core values of Safety and Customer are at the forefront.
- Manage a crew of millwrights and other maintenance personnel while ensuring compliance to all company and legislated safety codes and practices.
- Accountable for the reliability and timely repair of all mechanical equipment in the Steelmaking area, including, identification of root cause and implementation of corrective action to continuously improve.
- Meeting the daily and long term maintenance needs of the steelmaking operation including ensuring timely repairs, executing down day plans, identifying corrective action on failures, and driving the continuous improvement process.
- Manage and lead scheduled shut downs while developing a preventative maintenance culture within the team.
- Development of area maintenance systems, procedure development, PM development and condition based maintenance.
- Identify areas for improvement, develop and initiate projects to address these.
- Mentor and enforce safe work practices.
- Manage employee attendance and performance.
Qualifications & Skills
- Journeyman Millwright Certification or post-secondary education with a Mechanical Engineering focus
Minimum of 5 years in a Supervisory capacity
- Experience with a CMMS
- Preferably experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgment and problem solving abilities
- Able to organize, set priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Positive, team-based attitude
- In- town work
- Fast paced environment
- Benefits and pension packages
- Monday – Friday 8 hour days