Job Requirements & Expectations:
The Bar Mill Metallurgist will be responsible for the Quality assurance, process control and metallurgical aspects of the production of bars and grinding rod. As a Process Metallurgist your responsibilities will include providing technical support to Rolling and Heat Treating operations.
- Maintain and develop current and new product practices
- Plan and execute process and production enhancement trials based on performance analysis
- Establish root cause and preventative measures for customer complaints and internal rejects as pertaining to Bar Mill operations
- Provide technical support during process changes with a view to maintaining or improving product quality
- Review process data to ensure product quality
- Statistical analysis of process parameters to ensure process control and product quality requirements
- Seek out and implement new technologies and processes with a view to improved bar and grinding rod quality issues
- Liaise with Bar Mill operations regarding known or potential quality issues
- Communicate pertinent quality issues to the Bar Mill department
- Clearly communicate customer product issues to in-house personnel and work to implement short and long term corrective actions based on root causes.
- Assist QC Supervisor to determine outlets for out of specification bars by coordinating trials and/or communicating with sales and marketing
Qualifications and Experience
- B.S. in Materials Engineering, Metallurgy or Materials Science Engineering.
- Steel Mill experience such as Melt Shop, Caster or Plate.
- Candidates with manufacturing, heat treating or failure analysis will be considered.
- 3 - 5 Years experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan, shift differentials, and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: