Occupational Health Nurse (or Practitioner)
Job Requirements & Expectations:
AltaSteel is seeking a dedicated health care professional to take on the role of the Occupational Health Practitioner. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing workplace occupational health services including treatment of employees, education and promoting wellness initiatives. The Occupational Health Practitioner must be a Registered Nurse or an EMT-P with a proactive mindset geared towards safety and the well being of others.
- Provide workplace first aid, emergency medical response, initial assessment and care of occupational injury and illness.
- Organize and perform prescribed pre-employment and regular clinical health assessments as well as recommendations.
- Manage disability claims and arrange the receipt and release of employee medical information.
- Provide technical on-the-job health training and undertake health promotion initiatives.
- Reduce and protect employees from workplace hazards by assessing their work environment.
- Initiate employee assistance program assessments and referrals in the absence of the HR Manager.
- Monitor health trends and initiate programs/projects as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Current registration with the College & Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta or registered EMT-P. Certificate in Occupational Health considered an asset.
- Must have audiometric certification, spirometry certification and advanced cardiac life support certification. Instructor certification to teach first aid an asset.
- Knowledge of current, related provincial legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software for data management.
- Ability to self direct and make critical decisions in time sensitive situations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in a health care setting with demonstrated expertise in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience with wellness and ergonomic programs, WCB claims management and early and safe return to work programs.
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: