Job Requirements & Expectations:
|We are looking for a highly motivated Human Resources professional with experience in payroll administration to join our team. This role reports to the Supervisor of Compensation and Benefits and will be responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of payroll for unionized, temporary and salaried staff.|
- Review of approved timesheets (paper & electronic), tracking and deducting all garnishments and other special payroll deductions, recordkeeping and recording for up to 400 employees; both unionized and salary.
- Reviews, analyzes and checks payroll reports (labour, overtime and leave balances) for accuracy and makes necessary adjustments or corrections through journal entries or other established procedures.
- Prepares and maintains related payroll records and reports.
- Documents workflow and work procedures.
- Prepares and maintains standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Works closely with Supervisor, Compensation & Benefits and assists with HRMS implementation, testing, maintenance, and security.
- Recommends or participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations utilizing knowledge of Company, provincial and federal policies and regulations.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves difficult or technical problems or questions presented by employees, supervisor or management using knowledge of common problems and of entire payroll function.
- Ensure integrity and security of data; ensure that all files meet audit standards and filing is kept up-to-date.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Canadian Payroll Association or Related Field.
- A minimum of 2 years HR or Payroll experience.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with management and employees; this includes good customer service, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive business and employee information.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications especially excel.
- Knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Exposure to payroll in a unionized environment an asset.
- Professional certification through the Canadian Payroll Association an asset.
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan, and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: