Safety and Training Administrator
Job Requirements & Expectations
AltaSteel is looking for a highly organized, meticulous individual to join the Safety and Training Department. We are looking for someone to provide a wide range of administrative, secretarial and clerical support.
Responsibilities will include:
• Data entry and database system management for training - data entry and maintenance of training databases (employee and contractor information)
• Maintaining and organizing confidential safety and training records, filing and storage systems (both hard copy and electronic)
• Cooperate in the maintenance and/or modification of safety and training data collection system
• Handle requests for information and data as well as assist in completing statistical reports.
• Printing and preparing meeting and training packages
• Assist staff in basic administrative duties such as photocopying, scanning, faxing and mailing documents as required.
• Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Work management and prioritization skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Reliability, adaptability and willingness to learn.
• 2-5 years in a clerical, administrative role
• competent computer skills and knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Office software (Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
• knowledge of clerical/administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan, shift differentials, and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to:
Human Resources | AltaSteel Ltd.
Fax: (780) 468-7337