Job Requirements & Expectations:
|Reporting to the Supervisor of the Yard, the Scale Man is responsible for directing, scaling and ticketing all inbound and outbound rail cars and trucks. |
The successful candidate will works in a fast paced environment and must be accurate and detail oriented. Acting as the first point of contact for all drivers delivering product to AltaSteel, the Scale Man must represent the company in a professional, courteous manner.
- Scale all scrap in and finished product out of AltaSteel while ensuring accuracy of the scale weights to make sure that they are not over/under weight for rail cars, trucks and product leaving the plant.
- Use the CN/CP system to release CN rail cars for shipping while working with the transportation department.
- Always ensuring trucks and rail cars are put through the radiation detector and managing those that have a high reading of radiation. Understanding the sources of radiation.
- Manage truck and rail traffic flow to alleviate congestion through out the entrance and exit of the plant while communicating with the rail crew.
- Ensure all drivers and scale house visitors are abiding by AltaSteel policies, procedures and are outfitted in the correct PPE.
- Provide vacation relief for the Scrap Inspector role.
- Provide coverage for the shipping desk.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a scale house operator or as a dispatcher.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills are required (English).
- Knowledge of products and industry terminology.
- Strong safety mindset and detail oriented.
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan, and income sharing.
This job posting expires on August 16th, 2013
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: