Reporting to the Superintendent of Logistics, Stores & Additives, the Scalehouse Operator is responsible for directing, scaling and ticketing all inbound and outbound rail cars and trucks. Working closely with other Scalehouse employees, the Scalehouse operator must also request and organize trucks for outbound shipments daily, ensuring each customer gets the right product on time, in the right quantities.
This role works in a fast paced environment and must be accurate and detail oriented. Acting as the first point of contact for all drivers delivering and picking up product at AltaSteel, the Scalehouse Operator must represent the company in a professional, courteous manner. In addition, an important duty of the Scalehouse Operator is inspecting and ensuring the quality of incoming product. This requires the operator to work outdoors for a portion of their time.
The incumbent would ideally enjoy working closely with colleagues and forming new working relationships daily with drivers. While we do have processes and systems to work by, the incumbent must also be able to adapt to and problem solve new scenarios as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong safety and customer mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- An excellent eye for detail and good judgment
- Good math, reading, and writing skills are required
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and site specific databases
- Experience as a Scalehouse Operator, Dispatcher or Shipper will be considered an asset; however other equivalencies will be considered.
- In- town work
- Employer paid benefits and pension
- Training provided
- Fast paced environment
- Monday to Friday 8 hour days with some overtime
The closing date to apply by is January 31, 2019