Job Requirements & Expectations:
AltaSteel is looking for an experienced buyer to help the Supervisor of Purchasing undertake capital projects and contract negotiations. The ideal candidate will be a self starter and have no problem developing new projects and process' start to finish.
- Negotiating existing contracts and finding cost minimizing solutions.
- Writing contracts.
- Planning and executing new and existing capital projects.
- Purchasing goods & services required by AltaSteel at the best value in the context of the total acquisition cost, according to assigned commodities.
- Follow purchasing processes including; purchase orders, completing pricing/requests for quotations, supplier master file, key commodities, corrective actions, invoice discrepancies, custom documentation review, maintaining central registry for WCB/Insurance/Rate Schedules & Key Commodity Specs for assigned Suppliers.
- New Item Questionnaires; entering new items & Maintaining the Purchase Catalog (description, vendor resources, price/lead time, etc)
- Back up support as well as on call as needed
- Other duties, as required
- Minimum 7 years of buying experience.
- Experienced in negotiating and writing contracts.
- Grade 12 education & a minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary education, Business Related Degree.
- Purchasing Training (CPP/SCMP Designation) or equivalent.
- Can follow tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Good computer skills including a keyboarding ability of 60 to 65 wpm
- Excellent communication & problem solving skills
- Must be service driven: providing clear, concise & prompt communication to internal & external customers
- Advanced in Word & Excel
This is a full-time permanent position located in Edmonton Alberta.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: