Job Requirements & Expectations:
|Reporting to the Superintendent of Purchasing, the Senior Buyer will undertake capital projects and contract negotiations. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast paced environment and able to act proactively to initiate projects and improvement processes with this ability to bring to completion. A sense of urgency and ability to communicate effectively to all internal and external stakeholders is essential to be successful in this career opportunity.|
- Negotiating existing contracts and finding cost minimizing solutions.
- Reevaluating cost benefits on existing contracts.
- Purchasing good & services required by AltaSteel at the best value in the context of the total acquisition cost, according to assigned commodities.
- Follow purchasing processes including; purchase orders, completing pricing/requests for quotations, supplier master file, key commodities, corrective actions, invoice discrepancies, custom documentation review, maintaining central registry for WCB/Insurance/Rate Schedules & Key Commodity Specs for assigned Suppliers.
- Completing acknowledgements and late PO. Reports as necessary.
- Provide support and frequent information to internal customers and stakeholders while maintaining tight timelines.
- Able to manage multiple relationships at once to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Back up support as well as on call as needed.
- Other duties, as required.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5-7 years of buying experience.
- Diploma or degree in related field.
- Purchasing Training (CPP/SCMP Designation) or equivalent.
- Good computer skills including a keyboarding ability of 60 to 65 wpm
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once.
- Must be service driven: providing clear, concise & prompt communication to internal & external customers.
- Advanced in Word & Excel.
This is permanent full-time employment, with health benefits, pension plan, , and income sharing.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply please fill out the application form below, or submit a resume by mail, email or fax to: