Job Requirements & Specifications
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Procurement, the Contracts/Sub-Contracts Specialist is responsible for the procurement of all third party services and the administration of all awarded contract services required to support operational and production requirements, while maintaining compliance with AltaSteel policies.
- Development of pre-qualification packages including any Insurance, WCB Clearances or COR requirement. Maintain database of necessary documentation including rate schedules and equipment lists.
- With coordination of operations group, develop service contract formation. This will include detailed scope documentation, for furtherance to a Request for Proposal or Request for Quotation package.
- Provide hands on support: pre-selection site meetings with potential contractors, negations, contractor recommendations, progress meetings and updates, review and vetting of contractor documentation, LEM sheet and invoice review.
- Change order, claim resolution and contract close out.
- Establish contractor evaluation system to effectively report project progress, including: safety compliance, milestone achievements, delivery to plan and overall contract performance.
- Assist with other procurement projects or buying as identified.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7+ years work experience in contract/sub contract role
- Skilled in using Dynamics 365 or similar ERP system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Focused on providing great service to internal customers and stakeholders
- Results driven
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to safety
- Strong communication skills
- Primarily day shift but may require some evening and weekend work
- In town work
- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- Benefits and pension
- Fast paced environment
The deadline to apply for this is August 21, 2019.