Coordinator - Legal Affairs
As a Coordinator, Legal Affair at AltaSteel your primary responsibility will be to review and prepare legal documents and contracts. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy, compliance, and effectiveness of these documents. You will collaborate closely with various departments and your attention to details and legal expertise will contribute to AltaSteel's successful operations.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
- Carefully reviewing contracts and legal documents to identify any potential issues, discrepancies, or risks. Ensuring that the terms and conditions of contracts align with the company's policies and legal standards.
- Ensuring that all contracts and documents adhere to relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards. Identifying any legal or regulatory requirements that need to be included in contracts.
- Drafting, editing, and formatting documents and contracts. Ensuring that the language used in clear, previse, and legally sound.
- Collaborating with various teams within the company, including procurement, sales, finance, and operations, to gather necessary information and provide legal insights. Communicating effectively with internal stakeholders to address any contract-related queries or concerns.
- Maintaining accurate and organized records of all contracts and legal documents. Managing contract databases and repositories.
- Staying updated with relevant legal developments and industry trends that may impact contract terms or legal requirements.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improve the contract review and preparation process. Implementing best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- As a legal professional, safeguarding confidential and sensitive information is of the upmost importance and expected to handle all information with the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- A bachelor's degree in law or a related field. A legal certification or paralegal qualification could also be beneficial.
- Applications are expected to possess a minimum of five years of relevant experience in the field.
- Strong understanding of contract law, legal terminology, and principles.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills to identify potential issues within contracts.
- Effective communication skills to interact with cross-functional teams and convey legal information clearly.
- Proficiency in document drafting and editing.
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and prioritize tasks.
- Prior experience in contract review, legal document preparation, or related legal role is advantageous.
- Exemplary moral principles and a strong commitment to ethical conduct.
- Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- 100% in-office, no remote or hybrid
- Zero tolerance pre-employment Drug & Alcohol test required