COVID-19 Active Screening Forms
To keep all employees and visitors safe in the pandemic, AltaSteel requires all employees, contractors, visitors and any other person on site to fill out one of the online questionnaires below prior to entering AltaSteel. Please read the description and select the appropriate screening tool for your reason to be onsite.
Employee Fit to Work Screening Questionnaire
If you are an employee of AltaSteel click the link below to fill out the questionnaire prior to arriving on site each shift.
Contractor/Visitor Screening Questionnaire
If you are a visitor, contractor or driver coming on AltaSteel site, click the link below on the day of your scheduled visit to complete the questionnaire prior to visiting AltaSteel.
COVID‐19 Controls for Contractors at AltaSteel
Until further notice, all Contactors must follow current Alberta Public Health requirements. These requirements are mandatory to help prevent the transmission of COVID‐19.
This document provides a general overview of the AltaSteel COVID‐19 site requirements for Contractors. A detailed COVID‐19 risk assessment has been completed related to Contractors working on site. A copy of this risk assessment may be obtained from your AltaSteel Task Supervisor.
SITE ACCESS REQUIREMENTS
- Contractors must fill out a COVID‐19 screening form prior to arriving on site every day.
- The screening form can be found at the link above.
- It is highly recommended that the screening form is completed, prior to arriving on site.
SITE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Surgical / procedural or an equivalent mask are required indoors. Neck Gaiters are not acceptable. If masks worn by contractor personnel is not Altasteel site approved, an alternate will be available at AltaSteel Security.
- For close proximity tasks (under 2m), a surgical or procedural mask, gloves, and CSA rated safety glasses are required. If an area requires a higher level of PPE (ie. Steelmaking), use the higher level of PPE as the area requires.
- Do not access areas unless you have a) followed the area specific access requirements and b) obtained permission from your AltaSteel Task Supervisor.
- Shared areas such as lunchrooms, bathrooms, offices and pulpits have a maximum occupancy to meet the Provincial physical distancing requirements of 2 m. Avoid accessing these areas as much as possible.
- Stagger breaks from others. Do not enter any areas if you are not required for work or assigned to that area for breaks.
- Clean and disinfect the common areas frequently after use utilizing the provided approved products. Cleaning checklists are available and should be followed.
- Monitor yourself throughout the day, if you are feeling unwell, complete the screening tool again. If an individual is deemed unfit to work per the screening tool, they must immediately leave site and notify both their AltaSteel task supervisor, company supervisor, and HR: Deni Wheeler at 780‐978‐7091 or HR: Amanda Reib at 780‐884‐5193.