Heavy Duty Mechanic
This is a great opportunity for a safety-minded, motivated Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic to begin their career in steel manufacturing. The successful individual will be responsible for repairs mobile work within the plant facility. You will be required to work in a team environment utilizing your capabilities, experience, and training to the full extent with a focus on ensuring all equipment is maintained to a high degree of predictable reliability.
- Performing heavy duty and mobile equipment maintenance work including scrap metal handlers, forklift, and trucks.
- Safely diagnose equipment problems, disassemble, and reassemble components such as engines, transmissions, cooling systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch, and differential by using all appropriate tools and following OEM and company procedures.
- Interprets drawings, plans, and determines best way of making machine repairs to minimize interruption to production.
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certification (Alberta) or Red Seal Interprovincial Certification
- Previous experience maintaining equipment in a plant environment
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Mindset geared towards safety
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to adhere to policies and procedures
- Positive attitude and able to work in teams
- Basic computer literacy
- In- town, stable career
- Employer paid benefits and pension
- 8 hour day rotational shift work
- Fast paced environment
- PPE Provided
All Interested parties should apply, in writing, to Katelyn Clements no later than November 30, 2021.