This is a great opportunity for a safety-minded, motivated Journeyman Millwright to begin their career in steel manufacturing.
The successful individual will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs mechanical equipment within the plant facility. You will be required to work in a team environment utilizing your capabilities, experience and training to the full extent with a focus on ensuring all equipment is maintained to a high degree of predictable reliability.
- Performing plant maintenance work including inspecting and repairing pump, seals, motors, conveyors and various other pieces of industrial equipment.
- Work with plant engineers and operational staff to identify technical deficiencies or to resolve problems on plant equipment.
- Interprets drawings, plans and determines best way of making machining repairs to minimize interruption to production.
- Assembles, fits, aligns, and adjusts machinery and equipment.
Qualifications & Skills
- Journeyman Millwright Certification (Alberta) or Red Seal Interprovincial Certification
- Previous experience maintaining equipment in a plant environment
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Mindset geared towards safety
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Able to adhere to policies and procedures
- Positive attitude and able to work in teams
- Basic computer literacy
- In- town, stable career
- Employer paid benefits and pension
- Rotational shift work
- Fast paced environment
- PPE Provided
Please apply by August 30, 2019.