Reporting to the Manager of Bar Mill Operations, the Bar Mill Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the Bar Mill including coordinating available people and resources, clearly communicating the goals, execution plan and required contributions to produce the production plan in a safe and cost effective manner while maintaining the duty of care for people, plant and customer.
The successful candidate will create conditions for a winning performance by leading and growing the capabilities of their team while setting and role modeling standards of excellence as well as engaging, encouraging, coaching and removing roadblocks for their team members enabling them to give their best work. The role needs the candidate to be able to combine different leadership styles and use those in a thoughtful and productive way.
- Manage the day to day operations and shift crew performance to deliver on-spec product as planned to our customers.
- Mentor and enforce safe work practices on
- Train and develop team member skills through application of the training and documentation
- Monitor and adjust process parameters as required to ensure operational control and quality.
- Provides supervisory coverage for Heat Treatment and Shipping on backshifts and
- Manage employee attendance and
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 4 years in a Supervisory capacity
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing facility
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgment and problem solving abilities
- Able to organize, set priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Positive, team-based attitude
- 24/7 Plant Operation
- In town work
- Overtime at 1.5X
- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- Fast paced environment.
- Zero Tolerance Drug and Alcohol Test Required.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.