Temporary QA Inspector
The Bar Mill QA Inspector will be responsible for Quality assurance within the Bar Mill. This includes inspecting AltaSteel product, recognizing and communicating any defects in the product and coordinating testing of the product. The successful candidate will be highly detail and process oriented and able to work in a highly safe manner.
- Measure and identify bar dimension on all products and identify bar defects.
- Measure physical properties of rebar samples as they are being collected for testing using tensile machine.
- Record all necessary bar quality measurement information for the product being inspected as well as fill out the appropriate forms to request necessary testing.
- Flag bundles of bars that require inspection and communicate to the information collected to the appropriate people.
- Understand the requirements for number and location of hand tied wire and be able to safely tie a bundle.
- Understand the AltaSteel material disposition color codes.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to visual standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Highly detail oriented and able to follow and understand policies and procedures.
- Strong safety mindset.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- Able to do manual labour and lift, push and pull 50 lbs.
- Training provided
- Rotational shift work – 8 hours per day
- 3 month contract with the potential for extension
Please apply by August 23, 2019