AltaSteel is seeking a dedicated professional to join the Finance department in a temporary role as the Senior Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Manager Finance & Business Reporting the successful candidate will cover a maternity leave to provide finance support to the AltaSteel business.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for improving the performance of the business by providing timely commercial analysis as part of the monthly reporting process, involvement in capital evaluations, business planning and other business analysis. This position will also assist in the completion of the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Management and completion of month end processing of results and associated schedules and validation of business financials
- Reporting and analysis of results to AltaSteel management and operational departments
- Deliver to Corporate and Divisional deadlines
- Communication of results to key customers
- Liaise with sales and operational departments to provide timely, accurate financial analysis to help in either ad hoc optimization studies or ongoing margin analysis
- Assist operations in gaining a better understanding of key business drivers
- Gain an understanding of shutdowns, projects, manufacturing changes etc. and how they relate to financial performance and in turn work with operations to help them understand their costs
- Build relationships with operations and go out to the plant site (same site as work area) on a regular basis to stay informed
- Assist with preparing and analysing the information required for forecasting, budgeting and 5-year financial planning
- Continuous improvement of stock accuracy recording and stocktaking including slow moving stock.
- Monitor, audit, and report any DOA infringements
- Coordinating governance issues and reporting
- Assisting with closeout of audit recommendations and actions
- Ensure preparation, approval and review of monthly account reconciliations to ensure integrity of the general ledger
- Liaise with external and internal auditors; and tax consultants
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education with Accounting or Finance focus
- CPA designation
- 5 – 7 years’ accounting experience and ideally 3 years post certification experience
- Previous audit and manufacturing accounting experience considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with a results oriented business approach.
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, ERP and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills
- Full-time opportunity
- Fast paced environment
- Temporary Opportunity for the duration of 12-15 months with the potential for extension
Interested parties should apply online by June 21, 2019.