Ultrasonic Transverse Inspector
The Ultrasonic Transverse Inspector will be responsible for Quality assurance inspections during shift operations within the Bar Mill. This includes inspecting AltaSteel product, recognizing and communicating any defects in the product and coordinating testing of the product. They will work closely with Bar Mill operators, trades and shift supervisors. The successful candidate will be highly detail and process oriented and able to work in a highly safe manner.
- Measure and identify defects on all products
- Complete testing of products
- Record all necessary quality measurement information for the product being inspected
- Read and follow product specification and instructions
- Fill out the quality records as necessary
- Flag products requiring inspection and communicate to the information collected to the appropriate people.
- Conduct quality audits
- Audit process conditions for conformance
- Complete a daily shift report at the end of the shift
- Understand and follow specific procedures
- Perform general housekeeping duties to visual standards
- Always act to ensure the customer requirements are met
- Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma or certification in materials technology or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years in a Quality Assurance role
- 2+ years of experience in material testing including conducting destructive and/or non-destructive testing
- Previous shift work experience is considered an asset
- Proficient use of the computer and Microsoft office including, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly detail oriented and able to follow and understand policies and procedures
- Strong safety mindset
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities
- Able to do manual labor and lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs
- Training provided
- Full-time, permanent opportunity
- Fast paced environment
- Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test required.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.